Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Not Cool (er) !

After doing my research on Sodium Benzoate and finding out that if mixed with Vitamin C, a chemical reaction happens and Benzene is formed. Benzene is a known carcinogen. That knowledge is very scary and it certainly has me looking closer at other items in my home.

A week or so after finding out the problems of Sodium Benzoate, my husband discovered that it is an ingredient in my favorite vodka cooler (starts with a S and ends with an F). Adding insult to injury, another ingredient is Citric Acid. Tell me that Citric Acid doesn’t have Vitamin C in it.

That means that my favorite cooler is OFF the list!

ARG!!!! I so enjoy my cooler, especially on a hot day or after working on the house we are building.
Now I am beginning the search for a replacement ‘hot day’ or ‘after working hard‘ drink. I do enjoy beer, but I have to admit that I really prefer coolers. Any suggestions? What do you prefer to drink on a hot day or after putting in some serious physical work?

No comments:

Post a Comment