Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Wasabi Dressing

I was planning one of my husband's favorite suppers (to welcome him home after being on the road all week teaching) when I remembered a salad dressing that I forgot to include with the others.

This recipe was originally to be used as a dip for shrimp (and no doubt other things could be dipped into it as well).  It is fresh tasting, tangy, and delicious!

A number of years ago, the taste of this dip made me think that it might also go well with cole slaw.  I tried it out as a cole slaw dressing and WOW, was it ever good!  It is our main cole slaw recipe now.  Even kids like it!

I know that you are probably thinking how could kids (or even some adults) enjoy the heat of wasabi.  Fortunately, the heat is spread out throughout the dressing and it just provides a good tangy, taste.  I can not do a lot of heat and this recipe works well for me.   Of course, one could adjust the amount of wasabi to lighten up the tangy flavor or add more to have more heat.  I find that the 2 teasponns of wasabi safe and enjoyable for most palettes.

Wasabi Dressing Recipe


Give it a try and let me know what you think. 

Do you have any wasabi recipes?  I would love to try other recipes that uses wasabi paste!

No comments:

Post a Comment